Monday, April 14, 2008

Paradox Poem


Stephanie


There's this girl I hardly know, I'll tell you of her life

Of how I never met this girl, of how she came my wife

You see, I saw her walking there upon a busy street

And since no soul was close to her, I matched her fast paced feet

She paused and looked straight in my eyes, and then I knew for sure

This was the girl they'd sent for me, those boys with pent up lore

But soon I noticed she was odd, the sanest girl of all

This crazy ball of hyper, wasn't moving...not at all

Her words came faster than a train with sense the slower making

And as I tried to look away, she looked me back to staying

And in her hands she held a mess of organized lined notes

And glancing quickly at the top, I read the bottom's gloats

In script it begged tonight at seven, say yes, or I'll go crazy

And answered, you know I can't and said, I'm busy being lazy

Let's plan next week, to catch a bite much earlier this time

For now you see I cannot go, not with these words to rhyme

And that's as far as I could get before she turned to see

Excuse me...do I know you sir?

Yes love, you married me.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I love it!

Michelle Lee said...

Stephh!!! I love it. :)

Anonymous said...

ooooo nice